There is nothing better after a chilly and wet walk than a plate of warm beef stew with a handful of kibble. Howling good and the beef stock is a wonderful rich sauce to mix with my kibble. Beef stew for dogs is exactly what we crave, we’re meat eaters and this is a perfect recipe for us to enjoy as is, or with a mix of kibble. We make our beef stew with fresh carrots, potatoes and french green beans and then add an all natural kibble mix to complete the meal. I always like a crunch with my meals!
You can make this beef stew in the oven or on the stove top. Either way, you will have a warming, wholesome, and wonderfully flavorful meal that your dog will just love.
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) of cubed top sirloin beef
- 2-3 potatoes (2 large or 3 regular)
- 1 large carrot
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) green beans (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- glug of canola oil
- a pinch of thyme leaves
Stove top style:
- peel and cut into bite size pieces carrots and potatoes
- In a large saucepan or dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat, Add cubed beef and cook until browned.
- Add water, potatoes, carrots, and green beans to your pot with the thyme. cover and bring to a boil
- Lower heat to simmer and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Let cool until just warm to the touch, dry off your dog, and serve him dinner.
- Pre-heat oven to 200º C (350º F)
- brown beef in pan
- Grab your dutch oven and add all ingredients
- Pop in oven for cook for approximately 1 hour or until beef is fork tender.
- let cool until just warm to the touch, dry off your dog, and serve him dinner.
Note: If you dog is not a fan of vegetables, like me, my owner usually mashes all the ingredients together, which is awesome, because it becomes a tasty thick stew with chucks of tasty beef and I eat the whole thing, no more the wiser that there are vegetables in the mix.
For the Humans