Mmmmm…Chicken Soup for a dog’s soul. Tasty chunks of chicken, fresh vegetables, herbs and noodles all served up in a tasty broth. What’s not to like?
Chicken Soup for Dogs Recipe
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) Chicken boneless (white and/or dark
- 250 ml (1 cup) Bite Size whole wheat noodles (we used fusilli) *skip if you are going to use soup with kibble.
- 2 Carrots
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Peas
- 1 Courgette (zucchini)
- 1 Apple
- glug Camelina oil (can use canola oil)
- pinch of Parsley
- pinch of Rosemary
- Grab you soap pot and add a glug of camelina oil and heat
- Add your chopped carrots and Courgette to oil and cook for about 3 minutes
- Add your chicken and brown
- Add Water to cover chicken and put heat to simmer and cook for about 15 minutes (or until carrots are soft)
- Add your peas, apple, parsley and rosemary
- let cool until just warm, grab your dog’s favorite bowl and serve a cheery chicken soup for dogs.
For the Humans