Fresh and tasty lamb mince and couscous is one of my favorite recipes that I crave! The added cinnamon and apricot gives it a little sweet taste and I’m told brings out the flavor of the lamb. All I know is that it tastes great and howling good.
Considering I am still struggling a little with my weight, my peep has been focusing on recipes that include curcumin or turmeric, which goes naturally with a lamb and couscous dish. It helps with boosting my metabolism and it’s a great spice to sprinkle on your dog meals. Check the information box for more information on this wonderful spice.
- 1.5 Kg (3.3 lbs.) of minced lamb
- 500 ml (2 cups) of chicken stock
- 2/3 of a cup of couscous
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (carrots, peas and beans)
- 1 apricot par boiled and purred
- pinch of cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons of curcumin
- glug of canola oil
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add minced lamb to brown
- Add 500 ml of chicken stock
- Add vegetable mix, cinnamon and purred apricot
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down and cook gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook the couscous following the packet instructions.
- Mix couscous with meat mixture and serve.
- Looking to fancy it up? …add fresh mint and a handful of crushed peanuts.
- Let cool and serve to pooch!
Why not try this recipe this weekend and let your dog enjoy a little far east meal too!