If you’re looking for a homemade dog food recipe with some wow factor for your next dog’s dinner, or perhaps your hosting a wagging party for dogs, this savoury cake is not only going to make your dog’s mouth water but I promise you, the peeps will want a slice too!
Paws off I say, this is a cake for dogs!
Now it looks really impressive, but its quick and easy to make. My peep made it on Saturday, and then stared at it with a little silly grin on her face. I actually had to give her a little tap to remind her that it was for me!
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) Chicken (we used boneless chicken breasts)
- 1/2 cup of carrots
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1/2 cup of sweet corn
- 1 medium Apple
- 1 Egg shell and all
- 1 cup of Brown rice
- Pre-heat oven to 170º C (325º F, Gas Mark 3)
- Pop the chopped carrots, peas, and sweet corn in a pot to cook and soften.
- Peel and chop apple into small pieces
- Minced the chicken in a food processor. (or just buy it already minced)
- Cook brown rice according to package
- Mush vegetable mix
- Pulverize a whole egg so that shell is totally crushed.
- Blend chopped apple, egg and chicken together in a mixing bowl
- Mix vegetable melee and rice together in bowl
- Grease a cake pan or line with baking paper.
- Take 1/2 of chicken mixture and place in bottom of cake pan.
- Take about 2/3 of the veggie and rice mix and place on top of chicken base
- use the rest of chicken mixture and place on top of the veggie and rice mix
- Top up the cake with the last of the veggie mixture
- Pop it into your pre-heated oven and cook for 35 minutes or until juices run clear
- Let cool and then remove from pan and slice a piece of posh chicken heaven for your dog.
For the Humans
Athishaya pathiri is heavy snack enjoyed with tea usually , in the evening.The layers holds it shape very well because eggs seal the sides and keeps it intact.