When you look at your dog eye to eye, you see something that best describes how you feel. You see a reflection of how it is. Most of it is of a positive note that you feel deep within. That is happiness and the reason why dog owners are healthier.
The happiness that someone else is there for you in good and bad times. A companion that never complains. Emotionally hurt, physically abused, it is still there. Truly, a man’s best friend.
Dog lovers know that their pets give them joy and happiness. Happiness is good for our health. Dogs are good for our health. Here are some clinical results in having a loving dog or a pet in your life.
- Alzheimer patients tend to eat served food in the presence of a fish tank, with a pet fish in it, at the dining table.
- Oxytocin and serotonin are abundant products made by our bodies in the presence of our dogs. Oxytocin activates the neurotransmitters of our brain. Serotonin activates the neurotransmitters in parts of our body enabling muscle plates workout. These chemicals functioning in harmony trigger the happy mechanism that our body needs.
- Hospice patients make a dramatic difference than those without having a pet nearby.
- Cardiac patients survive longer than patients without a dog to care.
Here are four reasons why dog owners are healthier and happier than non-dog owners:
- Humans can do without another human in times of loneliness when a dog is around. The sense of responsibility of a person to tend to his pet companion is one of the reasons for the human to move on with his life. The interaction between man and dog provides each other with their social needs.
- Dogs can keep your Blood Pressure in check. Petting your dog helps a companion relax. This activity normalises heart beat and blood pressure.
- It proved that pet owners have lower cholesterol levels than those without pets. Regular exercise, diet, and medication are still required to maintain what is advised by your doctor.
- Dogs can develop your immunity against asthma and allergies. Studies show that babies with pets in the home are not likely to develop these ailments. Cold and ear problems are thwarted off due to the strengthened immunity levels established in having dogs or cats in the home.
- A Xolo is a Mexican dog known for the body heat it generates. It is a recommendation for patients with fibromyalgia, a form of chronic pain. The remedy for the pain is heat. when the painattacks, patients would lean to the Xolo or place their aching arms and legs on it. The ailment responds to heat.
- Some dogs are trained for people with epilepsy. These are called “Seizure Dogs”. Whenever seizures are in progress, the trained K9 would alert the responsible person for help. Some trained pets would lie beside the patient having the seizure to prevent hurting himself.
- Some dogs are trained to assist patients with Parkinson’s syndrome.
Dogs are man’s personal friends indeed! Does your dog comfort you?