Who doesn’t like burgers? This is a great burger for dogs due to it’s a healthy makeover by adding the veggies right in the mix. Dogs don’t know that their burger is loaded with healthy veggies.
4 cups of minced chicken (about a pound, 500 g)
1 cup of veggie and fruit melee (on this recipe I used apple, carrot, courget, lettuce)
1 cup of brown rice.
- Cook rice according to package
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C (350 F)
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine Veggie & fruit melee, rice and minced chicken
- Roll into small ball, make patty size about 1/2 cup size. (for a dog around 11 kg, 22 lb.)
- place on cookie sheet and press into patties.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until firm
- Patties will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator, 3 months in a freezer
- You can make this as a chicken loaf that you can slice a piece for your dog.
- In summer, they are fantastic on the (cook each side for about 5 minutes or until firm.)
Get the Melee recipe here.