Chicken pot pie is comfort food, and it smells amazing when baking in the oven. As with all types of comfort food, everyone has their own way of making it – and thisis perfect for us dogs. It’s customized to suit our doggie style taste.
The biggest change I make from a recipe for humans is that I omit the cream and add some yogurt, I also do away with the buttery crust and swap it with some yummy oats. This is a perfect recipe if you are making your own chicken for your dogs chicken pot pie and everyone will have a delicious meal., just put aside some
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) of skinless chicken pieces, light, and dark meat.
- 1 cup (250 ml) of veggie melee (we used carrot, apple, corn)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of peas (frozen, canned, or shelled fresh peas)
- 1/2 cup all natural yogurt
- 2 . (30 ml) of
- 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oats
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C), lightly oil the roasting pan.
- Roast the chicken until the juices run clear. (this will depend on the meat size you choose; Chicken pieces, chicken on the bone, whole chicken, etc.)
- Remove all bones and dice into pieces. (this will vary on dog size)
- Cook oats according to the package instructions.
- Cook peas and after cooking smash to break shells
- Mix chicken, with veggie melee, peas, and apple cider vinegar.
- Dice fresh parsley and thyme and add to mix
- After the mixture is cooled add yogurt.
- chicken pot pie will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator, 3 months in a freezer
- you can increase fat by adding some skin from the chicken for more active dogs
- As per your vet or package instructions: supplement with calcium or bone meal.
- My Fruit and Veggie Melee (wagthedoguk.com)