Salmon is a fantastic choice for dogs, it is a great way to get omega-3 fatty acids that help create a wonderful, healthy and shiny coat. It is also a quick and easy meal to make. Mixed with a flavourful peach melee, rice and dill will make any dog smile.
Preparation Time 15 minutes
- 2 lb. (900 g) Salmon
- 1 cup (250 ml) brown rice
- 1 cup (250 ml) fruit and veggie melee (we used peach, lettuce and peas)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh dill
notes: You can use canned salmon if you desire, the bones in the canned fish are pressure-cooked to softness, so they are fine for dogs.
- Poach the salmon for about 15 minutes, until it flakes easily with a fork. Let cool. If there are any bones make sure you remove them.
- Cook rice according to package instructions
- Mix together the salmon, fruit and veggie melee, fresh dill and rice.
- Spread the yogurt on top of the Salmon mixture and serve