There is nothing better on a Sunday rainy night that mum’s meatloaf for dogs. Tasty and filled with goodness. We added celery, carrots and sweet apple. Easy to make, easy to slice for your dog to enjoy. We take this recipe on the road when we travel due to its easy to transport. Again just like my chicken burgers, you can take this mix make a patty and throw it on the BBQ!
- 1 1/2 lbs. of minced beef (about a pound, 700 g)
- 1 cup (250 ml) of veggie and fruit melee (on this recipe I used apple, carrot, celery)
- 1 cup (250 ml) of oatmeal.
- 1 egg Shell and all
- 1 cup beef stock
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C (350 F)
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine Veggie & fruit melee, oatmeal, beef stock, egg and egg-shell that has been pulverized and minced beef
- Gather a loaf pan or baking dish and spray with non-stick
- Place mixture in pan and cook for 45-60 min.
- Meatloaf will keep for 1 weeks in the refrigerator, 3 months in a freezer
- You can make this as burger patties that you can cook on the BBQ. they are fantastic on the BBQ (cook each side for about 5 minutes or until firm.)
- Another option is to cook them in individual cupcake pans for single serving meals.
Get the Melee recipe here.
For your owner’s!