Most of us dogs love bananas for their sweet taste and this is a perfect recipe for your dog to try out, due to the bananas are cooked in a crunchy barley mix. These little biscuits cook up in a hard and crunchy texture that is perfect in providing abrasion for the teeth, which benefits your dog’s oral health. Just don’t tell your dog or you’ll ruin all the fun.
However just like humans, some dogs may not prefer the taste of bananas and that is just a fact. …
Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Pre-heat oven: 180º C (350º F)
- 250 ml (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) barley flour
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) brown rice flour
- 1-2 bananas (or about a 1/2 cup, 125 ml of chopped and peeled bananas)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 30 ml (1 tbsp) canola
- 1/2 egg
- 15 ml (1 tsp.) Blackstrap Molasses
- Grab a large mixing bowl and add the whole wheat, barley and brown rice flour and blend together with a wooden spoon
- Get your food processor or mixer and combine bananas, water, oil, egg, and molasses. Puree until smooth.
- Pour puree over dry ingredients and stir until well mixed
- By now, you’re going to have to get your hands in the mix, and knead until dough holds together.
- Prepare a lightly floured surface and transfer your dough, getting ready to roll
- Using a rolling-pin, roll out the dough to about 3mm or (1/8 inch) thickness
- With a fork, poke holes all over the surface of the rolled out dough.
- Next grab your favorite cookie cutter, or use a knife and cut dough in your dog’s bite size squares.
- Place on cooking sheet about 1 cm (1/2 inch) apart on baking sheet
- Bake away in your pre-heated oven for about 18 minutes or until firm.
- Take out of oven at set on rack to cool
- Turn down the heat to 150º C (300º F). Pop the treats back in the oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until hard. (this is where you get the crunch!)
- Transfer cookies to a rack and let cool completely.
- Call your dog and give him a banana treat for dogs!
note: Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 30 days.