Chinese take away is always a pleasure in our house. However a lot of meals that they order have some type of onion in them and not good for dogs. So my owner decided to make a special chicken fried rice for dogs. It has all the tasty ingredients and is low-fat, low-carb recipe suitable for all my dog friends. If you’re a real active dog, you owner can add some of the skin from the chicken too.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 15 minutes
- glug of canola oil (1-2 tsp. or 7-10 ml)
- 1.3 kg (3 lb) skinless chicken
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown rice
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) spinach
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) carrots
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) green beans
- 2 plums
- 28 g (1/4 cup) chopped peanuts
- a splash of light soy sauce (3 tsp. 15 ml)
- a pinch of basil leaves (3 tsp. or 15 ml)
- Grab your wok or nonstick skillet, heat oil over a medium heat.
- Add your cubed chicken and cook until it is no longer pink inside
- Lightly beat the eggs together and pour into wok.
- Add your spinach, carrots, beans, soy sauce and basil
- Cook your rice according to package directions
- skin and remove pits from the plums
- boil plums until soft and then puree with blender
- Remove chicken stir fry from wok and let cool until warm to the touch.
- Mix rice, peanuts and plum sauce
- Transfer to your dog’s favorite bowl and serve!
note: Chicken fried rice will last 3 days in fridge. You can also freeze for later use.