Pork Souvlaki for dogs is a wonderful and tasty meal your pooch with just crave. It gives us our meat, vegetables and starch in one tasty meal. The fresh minty yogurt is great and dogs just love it. Yogurt is a good source of available calcium and protein, just make sure that you pick one that has live active bacteria and no sugars or artificial sweeteners.
I say courgette and my American pups say zucchini and we both say woof and yum! This is my last BBQ for the season and I was craving a little Souvlaki with a delicious minty yogurt sauce. We added some courgettes, due to they are great to grill, and a bit of carrot and brown organic rice for a “νόστιμα” (delicious) meal. That’s Greek!
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) Lean Pork
- 250 ml (cup of rice)
- 2 courgette
- 2 carrots
- handful of fresh mint
- 125 ml of yogurt
- Fire up the BBQ
- Cook the rice according to package instructions
- peel vegetables and chop into small pieces
- boil up the carrots until soft
- Cut pork into bit-size pieces
- Grab some skewers and place pork, courgette onto skewers
- Place on grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each size or until done
- Remove pork and courgette from skewers, add carrots and rice.
- finely cop mint and mix with yogurt
- pour minty yogurt over souvlaki dinner and serve warm.
- mix remaining yogurt to souvlaki mix and place in containers for next days dinner.
note: You can also use chicken, beef or lamb for this recipe.
For the humans