When I lived in the USA, my favorite time of year was Thanksgiving! People in the kitchen cooking all day, little children dropping tasty bits on the floor and happy guests sneaking me a treat! What dog would not love a house full of people and loads of food? Yes please, I am a thankful dog.
This little recipe is perfect for your dog and any dog guests coming over for the holidays. It smells just like what your eating, but it has all the stuff that is good for dogs to eat.
Trina usually makes my Turkey dinner for dogs the same day she’s making a holiday feast. However this recipe is also perfect if you have leftovers that need cooking!
Turkey Dinner for Dogs
- 2 kg (4.4) skinless turkey
- 6-8 small potatoes
- 2 medium pears
- 115 g (1 cup) of green beans
- 115 g (1 cup) butternut squash
- 40 ml of fresh parsley
- 40 ml of fresh thyme
- Pre-heat the oven to 180º C (350º F). Lightly oil your roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey for about (30-45 minutes boneless) (45-60 minutes on the bone) Whole turkey (1 1/2-2 hours) or until the meat juices run clear.
- Set Turkey aside to cool, remove all the bones, and dice into your dog’s size pieces.
- Cook potatoes until they are mashable
- Chop butternut squash into small pieces and cook until soft
- Poach pear until soft
- Dice and cook green beans
- In a large bowl add turkey mix with fresh herbs, butternut squash and cooked beans.
- Mash potatoes and pear and add to turkey mixture.
- * add your supplements (I add calcium) or add to a complete dry dog food.
- Grab a country bowl and serve a turkey dinner to your dog!
notes: You can add turkey skin if you have active or working dogs.