Lentils are an excellent source of fiber and protein for dogs and the tasty meaty flavor of lentils will make us lick the bowl clean. This is one of my favouritel lamb recipes. It is a sure-fire hit for dogs and where even the pickiest pooches are well satisfied! After a cold snowy night a warm Moroccan style meal is a perfect treat with tasty plums and cinnamon. Who wouldn’t like a little lentil lamb stew for dogs?
Lentil lamb Stew for Dogs Recipe
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) Lamb in bite size pieces
- 300 g (24 oz) of red lentils
- 900 ml (about 3.5 cups) of chicken stock
- 60 ml (4 tablespoons) tomato puree
- 2 plums skinned and diced
- glug of oil
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of Cider vinegar
- 20 ml (2 teaspoon) cinnamon
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of Rosemary
- 10 ml (1 teaspoon) of thyme
Yogurt Mint Sauce
- 10 ml (1 teaspoon) of mint
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of natural yogurt
- Heat oil in the uncovered pressure cooker pan over a medium heat. Cook the lamb in batches until browned all over.
- combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Attach the pan lid, then bring it up to pressure. Once the correct pressure has been reached, reduce the heat, then cook for 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add mint yogurt sauce.
Stove top/ Oven Style:
Cook this in a fireproof casserole, follow steps 1 & 2, adding an extra 250 ml chicken stock. Cover, bring to the boil, then transfer to a preheated 180°C (350° F) oven. Cook for 45 minutes until the lamb is tender, stirring frequently to prevent it sticking. Add a little more stock as it’s cooking if it’s too thick.
note: Mix in remaining yogurt sauce and place in fridge or freeze for later.
For the Humans