Meaty Mash is a perfect homemade dog food recipe for dogs who won’t eat their veggies! Not all dogs are fans of vegetables and this is a perfect way to introduce a mixture to your dog’s diet. Feeding your dog vegetables is perfectly acceptable if done in moderation. In fact, just about all vegetables are suitable for your pet. Start off by giving your dog small amounts of vegetables with their meals until they get used to having them.
I have to admit, that if my vegetables are not cooked and mashed, I’ll pick them out and toss them on the floor. However when they are blended in a tasty meaty mash, I’ll lick my whole bowl clean!
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) minced beef
- 225 g ( 8 oz.) liver
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown rice
- 250 ml (1 cup) A vegetable and fruit melee (pumpkin, apple, pear)
- glug of vegetable oil
- Make your vegetable melee, you can get your recipe right here.
- cook rice according to package
- In a large pot, add a glug of oil, minced beef and liver and cook until browned.
- Add melee mix, and rice and mix
- Let cool until warm and serve.
note: This homemade dog food will stay fresh in the fridge for 5 days, you can also freeze the mixture. If using with dry kibble, omit the rice.