Looking for a great way to use fresh cranberries? Why not make these tasty little dog treats! These little crunchy bites are a perfect mix of peanut butter and cranberry jelly that are perfect for dogs to munch.
Cranberry Jelly recipe:
- 125 ml ( 1/2 cup) Cranberries
- 125 ml (1/2 cup)Water
- tablespoon of honey
- a few drops Pure Vanilla Extra
- In a sauce pan add all ingredients, stir and cook until cranberries pop.
Peanut butter and cranberry jelly dog treats
- 4 tablespoons Cranberry Jelly
- 125 g (1/2 cup) peanut butter
- 225 ml (1 cup) water
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 175 g (1 1/2 cups) rolled oats
- 250g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
- Whisk together cranberry jelly, peanut butter, water and vegetable oil
- Combine oats and flour.
- Slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Drop teaspoons onto a greased baking sheet and press down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm
- Let cool and then call your dog over for a peanut butter and cranberry jelly dog treat!
note: Treats will keep for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
For the Humans: