My peep likes to make this recipe when she’s clearing out the kitchen fridge and wants to make something tasty for the both of us. She makes my soup sans (without) the red curry paste, chili powder and onions of course. It all starts in two pots, but I’ll concentrate on what goes into my soup.
Now you can make our Thai coconut soup with chicken if you prefer and it’s just as tasty. It’s really up to what you like.
Thai Coconut Pork Soup for Dogs
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) of lean pork
- 250 ml (1 cup) of coconut milk
- 1 liter (4 cups) Chicken stock
- 250 ml (1 cup) Chopped Spinach
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped beans
- 2 carrots
- 250 ml (1 cup) rice
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger
- small handful of chopped cilantro
- glug of oil
- In a large pot add a glug of oil and heat pan
- Chop pork into bite size pieces and brown
- Pour in chicken stock, coconut milk, and rice; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat until rice is cooked
- Stir in your spinach, chopped beans, carrots, (or what you have in the fridge) and ginger and cilantro.
- Let cool till warm and serve to your dog. We always like to add a little kibble with our soup.
note: will last three days in fridge, or you can freeze it. We like out soup a little on the thick side so you can alter the amount of chicken stock to suit your taste. You can also use a low-fat coconut milk for less calories!
Not sure what veggies are safe for us dogs? Just wag over here to find out what dogs can’t eat