There is nothing better than a simple and tasty homemade dog food recipe, and my lamb kebabs are just that! Tasty, quick, and best yet, you can prepare these and serve in less than 30 minutes. Just make sure the kebabs have cooled enough and not too hot for your dog’s mouth.
Trina usually makes these when I’m traveling or when someone is taking care of me. She likes to make them in single serving size perfectly measured to add to my kibble. That way when someone else is preparing my meal, all they have to do is crumble one of the kebabs into my bowl and I can’t trick them into giving me more.
If you are going to serve these kebabs without kibble, you will need to add supplements to the mix. Check with your vet what is appropriate for your dog.
- 1000 g (2.2 lb) of minced lamb
- 2 cans of 400g green lentils, rinsed and drained (you can use dried, but will need to prep them beforehand)
- 2 cucumbers
- 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- Pre-heat oven to 200º C (350º F)
- Put lentils, cucumber, and spinach into your food processor and blend it until it forms a rough paste.
- Tip into a large bowl and add your lamb mince and mix well.
5. Pop your lamb kebabs in a lined cupcake tray.
7. Remove from pan, and let cool.
They make a perfect packed lunch for dogs on the go. Our kebabs can be frozen to keep them fresh. Also for an added treat to your homemade kebabs, drizzle a little natural yogurt for added flavour.