Living in Wimbledon village right now is very exciting, people from all over the world come to Wimbledon to watch tennis and the village kicks this off by their annual Wimbledon Village Fair. This year with the weather being absolutely beautiful the village was packed with people and their furry mates.
I couldn’t wait to check out all the events, watch the doggie competitions, listen to some great music and best of all check out the doggie stalls and see what my peep could get me. This year we really wanted to see Black Dog Bakery, we’ve heard a lot about them, and we really wanted to try their homemade treats.
Black Dog Bakery
Black Dog Bakery is a tasty little bakery right here in the UK, and the best part, besides ordering them online the company can be found in local fairs around the South West of the UK.
Their treats are made with natural ingredients and they don’t use any additives or preservatives. Baked fresh, with some amazing flavours that dogs love.
Just remember, just like when you bake treats at home, keep them in the refrigerator in a air-tight container and make sure they are
We bake all of our dog treats with a simple philosophy – if we wouldn’t eat it ourselves, then we wouldn’t feed it to our dog!…consumed within a week. We usually like to keep our treats in the freezer, which can make them last for up to a month.
Black Dog Bakery has been baking doggie biscuits since the Spring of 2012, and Dougal, the lucky black lab has been the tester and inspiration to Louise, on making doggie treats that are healthy and natural.
We decided to try their Wimbledon Village fair special which you could choose three packages of treats from their range of goodies. We decided to go for:
- Lamb’s Liver Fudge – Lamb’s Liver, Bacon, Garlic
- Cheese & Bacon Biscuits – Cheddar Cheese, Apple Sauce, Egg & Bacon.
- Chicken & Tarragon Biscuits – Chicken, Chicken Stock, Egg, Olive Oil & Dried Tarragon.
The fair special also came with a sample of herbal tea for dogs and a Kong squeaky tennis ball for me, plus a roll of poo bags for my peep. So we all got something we wanted, even though I think I got the better deal.
My top favorite and a Black Dog Bakery signature doggie delicacy was the Liver Fudge, it’s wag-tastic! They’re soft and tasty and I could of eaten the whole bag, if my peep didn’t pop them in fridge.
The other two crunchy biscuits were great too, I really liked the Cheese & Bacon one due to it was big and it’s perfect for a special treat, my peep put those in the freezer so that will last awhile.
Who doesn’t like chicken? These cute little bones are perfect, and my peep has been giving them to me as my nightly biscuit for bed. There is nothing better than a homemade dog treat!
We would like to thank Black Dog Bakery for coming by Wimbledon and letting us sample there tasty and healthy treats. So the next time you’re at your local fair, make sure to check them out and grab a couple of bags of treats for your dog to enjoy.
Where to find them next
- Sat 28th June, 12-3pm: King Edward’s Recreation Ground, Hook Road, Chessington, Surrey KT9 1PL
- Sat 5th July, 10am-2pm: Dittons Library, Mercer Close, Thames Ditton, Surrey, KT7 0BS
- Sat 12th July, Barnes Fair, Barnes Green, Barnes, London, SW13 0LW
- Sun 13th July, 12-5pm: The Belmont Festival, Station Road, Belmont, Sutton, Surrey, SM2 6BS
- Sat 19th July, 1.30-5.30pm: The Ripley Event, Ripley Village Gree, Ripley, Surrey, GU23 6AN
- Sun 20th July, 12-5pm: The Mayhew Open Day, The Mayhew Animal Home, Trenmar Gardens, Kensal Green, London, NW10 6BJ
- Sun 21st Sept, 11am-4pm: Labrador Rescue South East & Central Dog Party, Dogs Trust, Harefield, Middlesex, UB9 6JW
- Sun 28th Sept, 10.30am-3.45pm: Chiswick House Dog Show, Chiswick House Gardens, Chiswick, W4 2RP
Check them out
Website: Black Dog Bakery
Location: United Kingdom