Okay I promise I won’t make the joke that your dog will beat a path to his bowl when you put this homemade beet recipe down for his dinner, instead I’ll just tell you why beets for dogs is paw-tastic! Okay, okay enough with the beagle humor, let me tell you why my peep likes serving me up this tasty little meal.
First of all beets are good for you, and they are also good for your dog. In fact my peep likes to add fresh beet to my meal to help keep my liver healthy.
Chicken: 2lb/900 kg of chicken breasts
Beets: 1 fresh large beet or two small
Greens: Bag of mixed leafy greens
Brown rice: 1 cup (250 ml)
Yogurt: 1/2 cup
- Bake the chicken breast at 350 F/180 C for about 20 minutes or unit the juices run clear.
- Pop in the peeled beets and cook for about 30-35 minutes. I usually start with popping in the beets and then adding the chicken for the last 20-25 minutes.
- Cook rice according to package and add an extra 1/2 cup of water.
- Add the mixed leafy greens to rice mixture while cooking.
- Grate beets, and chop chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- Mix together the chicken, rice mixture, beets and yogurt.
- Call your dog for dinner!
For the humans