And your dog knows something is going on too, he can almost taste it when he sniffs the air. There’s turkey, biscuits, baking and pigs in a blanket waffling from the kitchen that can make a dog swoon!
However some of these festive holiday foods are not great for dogs to eat, so why not bake something that they can enjoy! Kurgo was nice enough to share their pet friendly cookbook with us and we’ve gone through the book and think these holiday dog treats are dog wagging good. With loads to choose from I’m sure you’ll find a yummy treat that your pup with love!
Our favourite holiday dog treat
Bread Machine X-Mas Bones
Located on page 16, this one seem perfect to make in our bread machine.
- Whisk together warm water and peanut butter in
large mixing bowl; Add egg, honey, and oil and beat
with electric mixer until smooth
- Measure out 1/2 cup (125 ml) of peanut butter mixture and
set aside. To remaining mixture slowly add 3/4 cups (170 g)
flour – 1/4 cup (57. g) at a time – until stiff dough forms and
- Take reserved peanut butter mixture and beat in the
carob powder. Slowly mix in remaining flour, 1/4 cup (57 g)
at a time until stiff dough forms
- Roll carob mixture out to about 1/2 inch thick. Set
- Roll peanut butter mixture out to form matching
about 1/2 inch thick. (between 1 and 1/2 cm) Twist the two together, pinching
ends, and form the shape of a candy cane.
- Bake at 300°F (150 °C) for 30 minutes.
Also you can try our holiday dog treat too!
Peanut Butter and Cranberry Jelly Dog Treats
Looking for a great way to use fresh cranberries? Why not make these tasty little dog treats! These little crunchy bites are a perfect mix of peanut butter and cranberry jelly that are perfect for dogs to munch.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
- Whisk together cranberry jelly, peanut butter, water and vegetable oil
- Combine oats and flour.
- Slowly add to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Drop teaspoons onto a greased baking sheet and press down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm
- Let cool and then call your dog over for a peanut butter and cranberry jelly dog treat!
Free Holiday Dog Treats Recipe Book
We would like to thank Kurgo®, the pet adventure experts for letting us share their holiday dog treat cookbook. Kurgo a US based company was founded by brothers Kitter and Gordie Spater who make an extensive and diverse line of travel & outdoor products that encourage pets and people to live the companies motto, ”Go Together“.