CBD is the shortcut term for cannabidiol. Yes, it’s a by-product of cannabis, but you can relax in knowing that it doesn’t have any THC content – that part that makes you and your pet high. This addictive factor is the common misconception with CBD! As THC is absent, CBD Oil is entirely legal and safe; just be sure, too, to always purchase from an accredited seller like Trusted CBD.
CBD is more than just a trend. It has gained popularity because of its numerous benefits, the best of them is the health benefits. You’ve come across this post because you may be a newbie to CBD oil use for your pets and have countless questions that you want answers.
Here’s a guide for beginners (like you!) on the use of CBD Oil for your pets:
Yes, CBD Oil Is Safe
Your top concern would probably centre on doubts as to the safety of CBD Oil. Yes, it’s safe as long as you use it in moderation. Of course, you should still consult your vet about the proper dosage and application as taking an overdose can also have adverse side effects. However, these side effects are nothing close to fatal; your pet will probably just be feeling weak for a couple of days.
Do note as well that with any product, each person (and animal, for that matter) may react differently. The risk of side effects is always present. But here’s a funny truth: your dog can be more in grave danger if they accidentally consume chocolate, than if they do take CBD Oil.
It Is Legal
Due to the absence of THC in CBD Oil, it’s entirely legal to buy and sell this product in certain countries. You won’t get into any trouble when you do purchase one from your local health and wellness store or online depending on where you live.
How Is It Given To Pets?
CBD Oil is usually incorporated in a yummy dog treat to make sure your dog will be able to take it. In some rare instances, it can also be administered topically by spraying the affected areas.
What Are The Benefits?
Many of you may still be doubtful as to whether or not the benefits of taking in CBD Oil for dogs still outweigh the possible risks. This worry of yours is practically the same as that with any other medicines – even antibiotics. CBD Oil has countless benefits for your pets, some of which include:
- It helps to reduce stress and anxiety. You may have a pet that you’ve newly-rescued from a traumatic past/experience. This history can make your pet very fussy and anxious. CBD is a relaxant and can help your pet relax.
- It alleviates arthritis and joint discomfort.
- It can help your pet sleep well which is particularly helpful in occasions where there are firecrackers. Most vets will prescribe CBD Oil to help your pets sleep through the night.
- It can help with cancer-related problems. Pets can have cancer, too, and recent studies have shown that CBD Oil can be used together with other medicines to help treat cancer.
- It’s used to cure skin allergies and other irritations.
Always Read The Labels
Before you make a final CBD Oil purchase, be sure to check – and read the label. Your failure to understand the content might be the reason your pet can have adverse side effects. It might not be the CBD Oil itself – but some other ingredient that is present – which is an allergen to your pet. If you’re unsure about any component, see your veterinarian and double-check if it’s okay to use or not.
Don’t Use CBD Oil Excessively
Anything used in excess is always wrong. Let your pet take CBD Oil in moderation. If your vet prescribes it for only seven (7) days, then do stick to that limit.
How Long Does It Take For CBD Oil To Work?
CBD Oil can be taken in many different ways. Here’s a basic breakdown:
- Vaporizers have the most immediate effect. It works within minutes and will last your pet for hours.
- Sublingual CBD Oil intake (under your pet’s tongue) will take effect within twenty (20) to forty (40) minutes and can last for up to 6 hours.
- Topical CBD Oil in the form of creams or sprays can affect for up to five (5) hours.
- Oral pills/treats will take effect from twenty (20) minutes to four (4) hours.
Now that you have these in mind, you can now be more confident and happy with your choice to give CBD Oil to your pets. Here’s to hoping you’re now feeling less overwhelmed about all the questions in your mind. CBD Oil is a beautiful, all-natural gift you can give your pet today. Just make sure you do ask your vet first.
Does your dog love treats? If so there are great tasty treats with CBD oil that your pet will crave!