Mmmm, the smells of Autumn baking away in your oven just smells heavenly and our pumpkin, peanut butter, and cinnamon dog treats do just that. Besides being a classic favorite of mine, my peep loves how wonderful the kitchen smells after she has finished baking up my Autumn dog treats. The dough is very easy to make and you can freeze it for later.
If you want to make fresh pumpkin puree cook and mash 450 g (1 lb ) of fresh pumpkin.
Autumn Dog Treats
Total Time: 45 minutes (approximately)
Prep Time: 20 minutes (approximately)
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 125 ml (1/2 Cup) Pumpkin puree
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250 g ( 9 oz. 2 cups) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Baking Tray – may need more than one
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (Gas mark 3, 180 degrees C)
- Line the baking tray(s) with parchment paper.
- Blend together the pumpkin puree, peanut butter, water and veggie oil.
- Stir in the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda to form a soft dough.
- Roll dough into balls, put on baking sheet, flatten them and prick with a fork. Being in the Halloween spirit, I made ghoulish little faces on mine.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until hard and crisp.
- Leave to cool, call your dog over and give them a tasty autumn treat!
note: Treats will keep up to 2 weeks in an airtight container. They can be frozen.