With the new beautiful weather shining all weekend it got me thinking of all those wonderful BBQ days last summer. Beef, lamb, chicken, oh my…it’s dog heaven. To a dog’s nose the garden never smells so good, than when the BBQ is being fired up, we know good and tasty things are about to happen and its very exciting cooking and eating outdoors.
So while I was pawing around my recipe book, I found this little Mediterranean dog food recipe that my peep would grill right on the BBQ for me, mixed with a tasty spinach puree and my favorite beans. It’s simple and healthy to make, and it’s a perfect way to share your Barbequing time with your best furry mate.
BBQ lamb dog food recipe
- 2 kg (2.2 lbs.) Lamb
- 4 cups of spinach leaves
- 1 can of Organic Cannellini Beans in Water (400g)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) boiling water
- glug of vegetable oil
- In a large grilling pan add a glug of oil and heat. Place Lamb in pan and grill until cooked. If you have a BBQ, this is the perfect time to get grilling for your dog. Grill lamb until cooked then set aside.
- Take your clean spinach and tear up into little pieces and place in a food processor, and pour the boiling water over the leaves. Pulse until puree.
- Cut lamb into bite size pieces suitable for your dog.
- Place cooked & drained canellini beans, spinach mince, and lamb in bowl and mix.
- When cooled serve to your dog as a tasty topping for his kibble or special dinner treat.
Notes: Our recipe is made fresh and will need refrigeration and should be consumed within 2 days. Divide up the extra portions and freeze for later meals.